On November 18, 2020, Nassau County Executive Laura Curran announced the County’s new Restaurant Recovery Grant Program (RRGP). The program is intended to support full-service restaurants – the industry hit hardest by the pandemic – during the winter months when outdoor dining is limited and as restaurants adjust to New York State’s COVID-19 safety restrictions and new mandates.
The link for the online application will be posted on November 30th. www.nassaucountyny.gov/restaurantrecovery
- Full-Service Restaurants (NAICS code 722511), or establishments engaged in providing food services and meals prepared on-premises to patrons who traditionally order and are served while seated (i.e., waiter/waitress service), including on-premises food and drinking establishments licensed through the State Liquor Authority (SLA)
- Minority- and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (M/WBEs) are encouraged to apply
- Located in Nassau County
- In operation on or before March 1, 2019
- Fewer than 50 Full-Time equivalent (FTE) employees o Maximum $5,000 grant – 0 (sole proprietor)-10 employees
- Maximum $10,000 grant – 11-50 employees
- Must agree to create or retain at least one low/moderate-income job at full-time status
- Must certify and demonstrate that they have experienced financial hardship due to COVID-19
- Grant funds to cover working capital and operating expenses including:
- payroll, rent, utilities, purchase of PPE and sanitation supplies; lease or purchase of equipment like kitchen equipment or delivery vehicles; or COVID-19 related business improvements like patio heaters or contactless technology.
- Non-profit organizations
- Businesses with greater than 50 employees
- Businesses in violation of New York State Executive orders relating to the COVID-19 pandemic or other State, County or local ordinances o E.g., EO 202.74 effective Friday, November 13 at 10 PM
- SLA FAQ: https://sla.ny.gov/Guidance-COVID-Related-Closing-Times