December 15, 2020
Hello this is Mayor Tim Tenke calling to advise you of the latest snow forecast from the National Weather Service. We are expecting snow accumulation of up to 14 inches in Nassau County from Wednesday December 16th into Thursday December 17th. We are anticipating white out conditions, high winds with gusts up to 50 miles per hour. Please prepare for potential power outages and avoid any unnecessary driving.
Please be assured that our DPW department is working hard to prepare for the storm and ensure the safety of our residents.
- Please keep the streets clear for snow plowing, salting and sanding by parking your cars in your driveway, on your lawn or in Glen Cove’s downtown municipal parking garages.
- If you must park on the street, park on the odd numbered side of the street.
- All residents and business owners are responsible for shoveling and clearing their sidewalks as well as around fire hydrants in front of their property.
- There will be “NO” garbage or recycling pickup on Thursday. Those scheduled for Thursday pick up will now be on Friday, and those normally scheduled for Friday will have their garbage and recycling picked up Saturday.
- Please keep pets indoors and check on neighbors who may need assistance.
- To report a fallen tree or snow issue, call the Department of Public Works hotline at (516) 656-2967 and if you have a power outage, call PSEG at 1-800-490-0075.
- Use 911 for emergencies only.
Thank you and stay safe.