A Message from DPW:
- Please shovel sidewalks in front of your home.
- If you live on a corner, please shovel an opening from the sidewalk to the street.
- Don’t shovel or blow your snow into the street.
- If you hire a private snow removal company, be sure they do not deposit snow on public property.
- Clear a space for trash cans so sanitation workers can access them.
- If you have a storm drain near your home, keep it clear of snow, ice and debris so that melting snow will be able to drain.
- Clear away snow and ice from fire hydrants so the Fire Department can access them in the event of an emergency.
- Please refrain from parking within 15 feet of an intersection to allow plows to make the turn.
- If possible, please stay off the roads during a Snow Emergency to permit ease of plowing operations.