The Finance Committee shall provide assistance and support to the Mayor and City Council of the City of Glen Cove to evaluate, generate and recommend financing strategies, both short and long term. Topic may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Reviewing existing Procurement procedures and guidelines and present recommendations to the Mayor, City Council and City Controller for the most effective and efficient procurement processes and procedures for the acquisition of quality goods and services for the City of Glen Cove.
- Such other related activities which may be delegated by the Mayor and City Council from time to time under the guidance of the City Controller.
Structure & Organization
- The Finance Committee shall be composed of five (5) members appointed by the Mayor and approved by the City Council to serve a term of 2 years. All Committee Members shall be Glen Cove residents. Members must demonstrate a working knowledge of basic finance practices and accounting
- No Committee member shall be awarded or accept any compensation for serving upon the committee
- No member of the Committee shall be appointed who would benefit from their position both material in nature or through pending/future litigation with the City of Glen Cove and could pose a conflict of interest.