GARBAGE and RECYCLING
Monday / Thursday
Tuesday / Friday
Single Stream Recycling: Please ensure cardboard is flattened and tied.
Mattresses will be picked up on Garbage Day when wrapped in plastic
Wednesday – Yard Waste
Metal and TV’s are by appointment pick up only
Please call by Tuesday, no later than 3:00 pm, for Wednesday pick up
A PARTIR DE LUNES 8 DE JUNIO
EL DEPARTAMENTO DE SANIDAD Y RECICLAJE VOLVERA A LA NORMALIDAD
BASURA Y RECICLAJE
LOS COLCHONES SERAN RECOJIDOS CON LA BASURA REGULAR Y ENVUELTOS EN PLASTICO
MIERCOLES – RESIDUOS DE JARDIN
ARTICULOS DE METAL Y TELEVISORES SOLO SON RECOJIDOS CON CITA LOS MIERCOLES
LA ULTIMA LLAMADA SERA MARTES A LAS 3:00 P.M.
REMINDER: Yard waste does not include grass clippings. The City does not pick up grass clippings.
Residential garbage is restricted to four (4) thirty gallon containers, weighing a maximum of 75 pounds, per collection day.
Yard waste is collected on Wednesdays ONLY!
Leaf Collection is on Wednesdays ONLY!
The City will collect LARGE metal items, such as refrigerators, stoves and air conditioners, on Wednesdays;YOU MUST call the City at 676-4402 or 676-4858 for metal pickups on the preceding Monday to arrange a pickup. DOORS MUST BE REMOVED FROM FREEZERS AND REFRIGERATORS.
- Non-metal items such as couches, chairs and other bulky items will be picked up with the normal garbage collection. PLEASE BE SURE TO REMOVE ALL METAL FRAMES FROM COUCHES AND OTHER SIMILAR ITEMS.
- Tree trimmings and hedge cuttings must be tied in bundles less than 4 feet in length and 24 inches in diameter; bundles must weigh less than 50 pounds. No more than 10 bundles per week may be placed at curbside of collection.
- Yard waste is collected on Wednesdays ONLY! The City of Glen Cove does not accept grass clippings. See the section on GRASS CLIPPINGS, below.
- Leaves and all yard waste must be placed in clear plastic bags only.
- Injurious materials, such as glass and metal with sharp edges, must be containerized so that the collector will not be injured handling them.
- Glass must be broken out of windows, doors and mirrors, and must be double bagged and containerized.
- The Department of Public Works will collect NORMAL amounts of refuse from premises. For ABNORMAL amounts the Department of Public Works has the right to refuse material, defer collection, collect material in part or arrange a special collection for a charge. The Department of Public Works does not pick up wooden pallets such as those used in the construction industry.
The City of Glen Cove WILL NOT pick up your grass clippings. The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has mandated that the City of Glen Cove may no longer pick up residential grass clippings. Residents may drop off bagged clippings to the approved waste disposal facility at the DPW Yard @ 100 Morris Ave. Dumpsters are set up outside by the gate for disposal.
The City of Glen Cove CANNOT accept the following materials:
- Construction, remodeling, repair and contract operations waste materials, such as bricks; plaster and plasterboard; shingles; roofing materials; concrete and asphalt; and electrical and plumbing waste. These materials must be removed by a private contractor.
- Hazardous materials, which include products that are explosives or radioactive, must be disposed of by a private hauler. Disinfectants, flammables (unused)., florescent bulbs, pesticides, propane tanks with contents, automobile fluids (not motor oil) may be disposed of at the City's bi-annual STOP Program located at 100 Morris Ave.
- Grass clippings
Leaf Pick Up
- Start time is 7:00am. Leaves that are not in clear bags or mixed with other garbage will not be picked up.